...dear God

Why should I be bound by the troubles of this earth? Why should I be tossed by the temptations of life? Why should I be afraid of the enemy? Or be tossed with the wind...?


Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead - since he was about a hundred years old - and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had the power to do what he had promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness - for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. (Romans 4: 18-24)

Dear God, in this time and season may I not waver and miss you but instead, against all hope, may my hope in You come alive and my faith be like a tree planted by streams of water, yielding much fruit in season and whose leaves won't wither, but in whatever I do, may I prosper even as my soul prospers. (Psalm 1: 3)

Jesus, my King - order my footsteps, thoughts, words and actions in Your word...erase every limitation that I have placed knowingly and unknowingly on your mighty hands O God. Consume every weakness and plans within my heart that may interrupt Your will until I am totally and fully persuaded by faith that you alone have the power, desire and will to do what You have promised.

In my weakness, may my faith forever be pleasing to you...in my foolishness, teach me to fear you and in my stillness, help me to give you the unrestrained worship that you deserve like never before in Jesus name AMEN.


Leave a Reply